Thursday, February 18, 2010


A few housekeeping notes...we had a pretty damn fine snow here about a week ago. Of course it occurred on a Saturday and nothing important was called off. Go figure. So after a few longing, amazed looks out the window I said "We gotta take the kid outside for some impromptou baby's first snow photos...you know!!" So we did and they are pretty spectacular. Of course, I can't forget Valentine's Day. My love and I have been, um, a little tired lately. So needless to say, we were both attempting to come up with something romantic, yet frugal, yet available in my little hometown (since we had to drop the little nipper off with my parents). I told Nick that I wanted that superb mixture of truly "us" along with a subtle edge of super-sappy. I think we achieved that. Without giving anything away, we found ourselves in one of our old haunts...snort-- Nick you can laugh--and drank a bottle of wine before heading out to one of G-town's finer eating establishments and then a crummy movie. Nothing says love like a spiked Diet Coke . This Valentine's Day had a bit of special meaning for us--the fact that we have survived having a child. After pro-creating a couple CAN go through a bit of a psychologically debiliating-ly exausted period time in which colors have no meaning and one's own personality morphs into that of a deranged hyena. Surving that, and still enjoying your guy's company is a feat. So let's move on, my friends. March approaches as does my 32 birthday --SHUT your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment