Tuesday, March 16, 2010

St. Patrick's Day....


Alright. So we aren't going to Savannah. But we are going to utilize every ounce of fun in our work-whipped souls to have a boisterous day. This girl went to market to buy corned beef and kraut and swiss cheese for Reubens. Maybe not the most Irish of dinners, but it will suffice when I attack the kraut with green food coloring. I am making Shamrock Shakes for my class tomorrow. I have also built up the arrival of "The Leprechaun" to the point that my class is essentially vibrating at the thought of his mischevious visit. I have to destroy the classroom a little (coats on the floor, trash-cans over-turned, little footprints on the ceiling etc) while the kids are occupied. But it's so much fun to see their reaction. We made paper-plates masks complete with red curly beards (will post pics later) and dyed pasta shamrocks...I am also preparing for a more adult shindig on Saturday with some of our friends. A weee bit late, but ever so Irish. Happy St. Patrick's Day my friends. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment